This position Is responsible for all accounting and financial requirements for the Hotel in an environment of tight control. Providing financial support, advice and expertise to the General Manager and Hotel Team, with the aim of maximizing value. To develop the quality of the finance function within the Hotel. To be an integral part of the 4D structure within the hotel, providing support and technical expertise to the other members of the team. Strong experience in dealing with Owner, Tax Officer and all other related.
负责酒店所有会计和财务要求的严格控制. 为酒店利益最大化,向总经理及酒店团队提供财务支持,建议及专业意见. 发展酒店财务质量. 作为酒店4D结构的重要组成部分,为团队的其他成员提供专业意见及支持. 具有与业主,税务官员及相关人员沟通的丰富经验.
Should posses the 9 key competencies – influence, communication, developing relationships, analyzing information, decision making, planning, commercial awareness, resilience and people management.
Under each key focus area is a brief summary of the overall objective in the context of the position. This is followed by more detailed descriptions of roles and responsibilities.
1. Financial Accounting & Control - Best practice financial accounting processes in a robust control environment.
财务会计和控制 - 在健康的控制环境中实践最佳的财务会计流程。
2. Overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the hotel ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory and fiscal requirements and timetables.
3. Where applicable the above must include the accounts for Hilton International’s branch or subsidiary.
4. Ensure that the balance sheet is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel. The balance sheet must be regularly reviewed and reconciliation’s performed of all accounts.
5. Ensure compliance with the management agreement with Hilton International, and any Owner / Lease agreement.
6. Maintain a focused system of internal controls, which will provide an effective and efficient control over the hotel assets, liabilities, revenue and costs. Ensure compliance with company policy.
7. Maintain control over the Hotel’s assets, liabilities, income and expenditure on behalf of both the Operator and Owner and provide management, leadership and accountability for the financial performance of the hotel.
8. Ensure legal and tax compliance and that adequate insurance cover is maintained. Manage the pension scheme, where applicable, ensuring that adequate accounting, actuarial and legal controls are in place.
9. Ensure valid permits and licenses have been obtained for such matters as importation, currency transfers and hotel operations (bars, clubs, casinos etc.). Take responsibility for the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts, which may affect the financial status of the hotel.
10. Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External Audit. Ensure that an effective programme of in-hotel audit is in place and that corrective action is promptly taken where required. Give particular emphasis to ensuring that all revenue is captured. Make use of a monthly control checklist. Conducts interim self audits as required.
与内部和外部审计联络合作. 确保有效的酒店审计程序已到位,并在必要时及时纠正. 特别强调确保所有的营业收入被记录.使用月度控制检查单， 必要时进行阶段性自我审计。
11. Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures. Financial reporting and control to be an area of continuous review and development with the aim of maximizing both impact and efficiency.
12. Management Reporting - Focused, innovative and balanced reporting that stimulates management action.
管理报告 - 专注,创新和平衡报告以激励管理行动。
13. Develop high quality management information and performance measurement that is timely, accurate. Reporting should be thought provoking and action oriented.
14. Implement reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators, and use of the balanced scorecard. Reporting should not only look to historical performance within the hotel, but also outwards and forwards.
15. Ensures corporate reporting is timely and accurate. Ensures that all corporate reporting is internally consistent and that, inter alia, Datalink report, HLBFS Report, management reports, trends of operation reports, incremental conversion reports, profit and loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow reports reconcile to the trial balance. Maintains proof of such reconciliations which are conducted each month.
确保公司报告及时和正确. 确保所有公司报告与内部一致的,尤其,Datalink报告,HLBFS报告,管理报告,营运趋势报告,逐步转换报告,损益表,资产负债表和现金流报告与试算平衡表调节. 维持每月进行这些调节的依据。
16. Business Support - Provision of the highest standards of financial and commercial support to the Business.
营业支持 - 为经营提供最高标准的财务和商业支持。
17. Support and advice on financial and commercial matters to the General Manager and to the hotel team, including the interpretation of financial data.
18. Review management information for the hotel and make proposals for the General Manager for value added initiatives. Where appropriate, play the “Devils Advocate” to challenge practices and proposals.
19. Provide financial and commercial skills to support business development initiatives, major pricing decisions and other commercial decision-making.
20. Information Technology & Systems - Optimize the use of I.T. within the finance department to improve efficiency and information.
信息技术和系统 - 对财务部门信息技术的优化以提高效率和信息。
21. With Project Managers, support the implementation of financial systems in the hotel.
22. With the ISM ensure proper use and maintenance of financial systems, including adequate security and back up procedures.
23. Acts as the guardian of the integrity of data flowing into the accounting system. Ensures that control process is sound in systems that interface directly or indirectly with the accounting system. Works with colleagues to ensure that errors are corrected at source and processes amended as required to eliminate rather than correct errors.
24. Continually develops the usage of financial systems in order to ensure highest levels of management reporting, processing and staffing efficiency and thereby return on investment.
25. Investment - Optimizing returns on capital investment.
投资 - 优化资本投资回报。
26. Utilize project evaluation techniques to assist in directing investment to those projects which optimize returns both for the individual project and the enterprise as a whole.
27. Prepare annual capital plan and direct implementation of this plan; ensuring funding and necessary buying (eg. Owners) are in place so that the note can be kept at the highest possible standard.
28. Prepare and review the AFE, ensuring financial accuracy and sound commercial and business judgment is applied to the process, and that authorization is obtained prior to commitment of the hotel to expenditure.
29. Perform post investment audit on major capital investments. Communicates results of post investment reviews within the management team and ensures actions are taken to learn from such results and maximize returns.
30. Ensure compliance with HI capital policy. Maintain proper control and recording of project spends.
31. Where applicable, prepare review and be involved in the production of financials for new developments and acquisitions.
32. Looking Ahead - Operating against meaningful strategic plans and budgets with accurate forecasting.
展望未来 - 对重大的战略计划和预算进行精确预测。
33. Take a support role to the General Manager in hotel strategic planning. Particular emphasis on Master-Planning and “thinking outside the box” to identify value opportunities.
34. Manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting within the hotel.
35. Ensure a regular cycle of forecasting takes place within the hotel with content and detail appropriate to the needs of the operation.
36. Provides alerts to senior management and to Area office via regular forecasts, outlook reports or via ad hoc reporting concerning positive or negative trends in the business. Works with colleagues and General Manager to ensure consistency and accuracy of communication regarding future trends in the business. AVOIDS SURPRISES.
37. Investment in People - Ensuring the best person in each job, in an environment of continuous development.
人力投资 - 在一个持续发展的环境中,确保每个职位的最佳人选。
38. Recruit and retain the best people for the job, especially at Assistant Controller level. Make use of succession planning to develop and replace individuals effectively. Establish and maintain good employee relations within the Finance Department.
39. Aim to maximize efficiency in the accounting department. We should aim for optimum staffing levels - in many cases this is not the case now. Recognize that a highly organized Accounts Office is often a sign of an efficient department.
致力于会计部门效率最大化. 我们应当优化人员配备水平,在很多情况下这已经不是现在的情况. 认识到一个高度组织化的账务部往往是一个有效部门的标志。
40. Develop the effectiveness of the hotel finance function through the ongoing training and development of the team. Lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance.
41. Ensure you manage to specific measurable objectives. Give regular feedback including appraisals.
42. Both the Director of Finance and Assistant Financial Controller should have a personal development plan.
43. Provide training to enhance the financial skills of the Management Team as a whole. Utilize tools such as Hilton University.
44. Cash & Working Capital - Optimize cash position in an environment of tight control.
现金和营运资本 - 在严格控制环境下优化现金状况。
45. Minimize the level of working capital, with particular emphasis on the management of debtors, stocks and sundry receivables. Maximize interest earnings and minimize interest expense.
46. Maintain accurate cash flow forecasts for at least one year ahead, and ensure adequate notice is given to Hilton, and to Owners, of any future cash requirements.
47. Ensure full reconciliation of all bank accounts on a weekly basis. The highest standards of control must be maintained over all cash and bank balances at all times.
48. The role of the Director of Finance is to establish robust credit control and credit management policies with the General Manager and the Director of Business Development within the guidelines set out by Group policy and following best practice principles – once established the Director of Business Development applies such policies and controls.
49. It is the responsibility of the Director of Finance to ensure that controls over accounts receivable are being applied correctly and to take action to rectify any problems identified if they are not.
50. The Director of Finance must review all accounts receivables with the Director of Business Development on a monthly basis and ensure that there are no recoverability issues.
51. It is the responsibility of the Director of Finance to maintain an appropriate reserve for bad or doubtful debts.
52. Cost Management - Support the operation to optimize efficiency of the cost base.
成本管理 - 支持营运以优化成本的效率。
53. Understand and measure cost drivers for the hotel. Utilize innovative analysis to stimulate thought and management action.
54. Ensure that adequate purchasing procedures are in operation so that purchases of goods and services are made in the most cost-effective manner.
55. Benchmark costs against other hotels. Identify cost reduction opportunities. Manage financial risks of the business.
与其他酒店的基准费用对比. 找出减少成本的机会. 管理经营上的财务风险。
56. Set an example to the hotel by operating an efficient and cost effective finance department.
57. The Director of Finance has a direct responsibility to the General Manager of the hotel combined with a responsibility to the Regional FD for the maintenance of professional standards. In the rare event that this dual responsibility gives rise to a conflict, the matter must be referred to the Regional Ops VP and the Regional FD for guidance.
58. The appointment，dismissal and transfer of the Director of Finance is made by the Regional Finance Director/Area VP Finance in consultation with the hotel General Manager. No changes to the remuneration package of any Director of Finance (or Assistant Controller) may be made without the written approval of the Regional Finance Director/Area VP Finance.
59. The Director of Finance has unlimited rights of access to all financial figures and facts of the operation. The Director of Finance exercising reasonable tact may visit any department to ask questions and make any study in fulfillment of his/her duties.
60. The General Manager must consult the Regional Finance Director/Area VP Finance over the completion of any appraisal or Personal Development Review for the Director of Finance. Any bonus scheme for the Director of Finance must be agreed with the Regional Finance Director/ Area VP Finance in advance.
总经理必须咨询区域财务总监/区域财务副总裁关于完成对财务总监的任何评估或个人发展审查的事 宜. 任何对财务总监的奖金计划必须提前得到区域财务总监/区域财务副总裁的同意。
61. Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
62. To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
63. The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
64. Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.