1. To develop, implement, maximize, monitor and evaluate the hotel’s Marketing Strategy (goals, tactics and actions) to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue figures in Rooms, Food and Beverage, and all other revenue generating departments.
2. To ensure that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
3. To oversee all sales strategy, tactic, and action implementations, complying with the Smart Selling approach, in order to create a strong and disciplined Sales Team who achieve their sales goals.
4. To manage weekly yield meetings and monthly strategic meetings to develop and adjust marketing strategies and short term pricing and channel tactics.
5. To proactively manage all the marketing resources and funds, and control departmental costs, working through the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
6. To monitor that all hotel Associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times, providing positive and constructive feedback as necessary to the respective Head of Department.
7. To oversee and assist in the recruitment and selection of all Sales and Marketing Associates. To make sure that Heads of Department follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting their Associates.
8. To oversee the implementation and ongoing monitoring of Personal Business Plans for all Sales Associates.
9. To maintain strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
10.To respond to changes in the Sales and Marketing function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
1. Ideally with a university degree or diploma in Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism management.
2. Minimum 2 years' work experience as Director of Sales & Marketing in hotel.
3. Excellent problem solving, negotiation skill, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
4. Proficiency in English, with expert English skills: listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
5. Experience in large scale Resort hotel operation will be an advantage.